Link to this page: http://bit.ly/hottopicsfornotaries
Join NNN email list: http://bit.ly/join-email-list
Stay informed via AAN's Notary Tips and Email List
- California - FEE INCREASE + Immigration Issues
- California - AB 2566 - Acceptable ID (Updates)
- DC Notaries - ACT NOW! (Before 2/18)
- Illinois Fee Increase
- Maryland - Remote Notarization Laws Proposed
- Massachusetts – Bills 757/2064 – Extensive Notary Law Revision
- New Jersey - SB 333/AB1184– Extensive Notary Law Revision
- New York – AB 6703 – Electronic Notarization
Proposed Rules:Virginia - Signing Agents May Be Affected - ACT NOW (Before 2/16)
New Laws:Illinois Notary Public e-ApplicationAuthorized Illinois SOS to create an online application process.
Montana - Administrative Remote Notarizations
Authorizes Montana notaries to perform remote notarial acts.
Texas - HB 1683 – Relating to Notary Public Identification Number
Seals will now have notary commission numbers.
Texas - SB 1726 – Electronic Notarization (relating to Texas Family Code)
This bill added Section 406.026 to the Texas Government Code Chapter 406.
Texas – HB 2573 - Deceptive Trade Practices (includes Notaries Public)
Notaries are performing deceptive acts or practices if they use notario, etc. on advertising materials.
Texas – HB 2235 - Relating to Eligibility Requirements of Notaries Public
Clarified Section 406.009 of the Texas Government Code about commission revocations.
Texas Administrative Code Rule 87 has been overhauled.
Click the link to see changes.
Virginia - House Bill 1562 and Senate Bill 814 - Electronic Identity Management Act
Keep an eye on standards for technology that will be established under this act.
Sign up for AAN newsletters to stay on top of changes.