Kick off a Steady Marketing Campaign that Will Make Your Clients Love You and Ensure that They Read Your Emails!! [BELOW, I WILL SHOW YOU HOW!]
Being a content writer for a decade has taught me a thing or two about marketing and giving clients (or audiences) what THEY WANT and NEED.
Don't send clients tired old marketing materials that is all about YOU, YOU, YOU and what YOU are interested in (which is about you, your hours, your years in business, etc.)
Marketing needs to be about your CLIENTS--Marketing materials must provide something the CLIENT NEEDS.
Which would you rather read, a well-crafted article bursting with information that you need to know? OR, a list of things that you can buy from a vendor that you already know about?
Obviously, both you and your clients enjoy getting information that you can put to use!
That's why you are reading this sentence at this very minute--I work hard at producing information that YOU can use in your daily notary life. More than ANYTHING, I want YOU to look forward to READING my blog!
I create articles that contain information that notaries seem to be interested in reading. Most of the time, my articles are about how to make more money, how to stay out of trouble, and how to perform duties because I think my readers want to know about these things. On occasion, I slide in a story about myself or my business, but only if it applies to the interests of my readers.
|This is one of my avatars.|
Me and My AvatarI have an avatar, a make-believe person, in my mind who I think of when I am writing articles like this one.
Soon, I will put together an article on avatars and how useful they can be for notaries who are learning to market to clients and communicating with targeted clients.
It's a game changer!
Wow! Marketing just took on a whole new look, didn't it?
- Don't send a tiresome list of your business's address, hours, plain ol' attributes; stand out from the crowd!
- Provide amazing offers and great information to your targets!
- Make your marketing materials as valuable as gold to their intended recipients!
Figure out what your client needs to know about to run his or her business; send them a container of knowledge they need--something they really want to read and will refer to more than once, and they'll read your materials EACH and EVERY time you send an email. They will remember YOU. Why do you think the AAN and the NNA send you newsletters about your notary duties? So you will refer to those organizations for your notary needs!
Notary business owners should develop personalized themes for routine emailed or snail-mailed marketing campaigns that provides their clients (or targeted prospective clients) with information they look forward to receiving.
For instance, several years ago I became known for producing NFL game and other sports schedules.
My clients looked forward to receiving my emails.
IT'S A BIG DEAL!
IT'S A BIG DEAL!
Rather than talking about it, I've created a marketing campaign for you. You are welcome to use it and kick it off TODAY...right NOW!
GOLD MARKETING TIP: Contact your best clients with this useful and friendly note about passports.
MANY people travel during the holidays. Give them a tip that will save them from a tough, mad rush when they need to be shopping. Try putting together a friendly marketing letter like the information below Feel free to check the content, see if you believe it to be accurate, and copy and paste it into a document of your own and send it out.
Your subject should be something like:
Traveling within a year or so? Experts say to get passports renewed ASAP!
August 26, 2016
Dear Valued Client [Or, include the client's actual name.]:
Dear Mortgage Industry Professional [Use for prospective clients, but it is better to use a person's name]:
Don’t delay on your U.S. Passport renewal!
If your passport expires in 2016, 2017 (or even 2018) the sooner you renew, the better. In 2007, the State Department was overwhelmed with passport applications because of new rules that made passports necessary for travelers visiting Mexico and Canada. It’s now 10 years later and all of those passports must be renewed. The Department of State admits it will soon be overwhelmed!
Take into consideration, as well, that some countries won't allow you to enter if your passport expires in under six months. If you are like me, you are putting it off because it was a nightmare to get your passport renewed or issued back in 2007.
However, today, it's easy to get this accomplished. Most of the time you can renew by mail and use this easy little schedule to get your passport renewed painlessly!
MONDAY1) Complete the form. Questions? Call 1-877-487-2778
You can renew by mail using Form DS-82 if your most recent passport:
- Is submitted with your application
- Is undamaged (other than normal "wear and tear")
- Was issued when you were age 16 or older
- Was issued within the last 15 years
- Was issued in your current name (or you can document your name change with an original or certified copy of your marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order)
2) During lunch, go to Walgreens, Walmart, CVS, or to the photographer of your choice to have your passport photo made. You won't be able to pick it up for 15 minutes to an hour.
WEDNESDAY3) Pick up your passport photo and make sure you have an envelope in which to mail the form, old passport and your money order or check to the correct address. Be certain you have adequate postage. It would be best to include tracking on your package.
THURSDAY4) Figure out how much you will owe. For instance, here's an example of how my fees were calculated. My passport was issued in 2007, I have the original, and I want a passport and passport card the next time around. The card is an additional $30. The calculator estimates that it will cost $140 for the passport and card and without adding expediting services.
5) Prepare a check or purchase a money order to pay the fees. Must be made payable to "U.S. Department of State."
SATURDAY6) Be sure you have filled out the renewal form correctly and have enclosed the right fee amount. See this link and select "#6" to get the delivery address for passport renewal package.
- In closing, offer a coupon that expires on September 30.
DON'T STOP THERE!! CONSIDER THESE IDEAS:
- In October, send a trinket by mail to your best clients that is ORANGE. Run an ad for teachers to get a discount on notarizations.
- In November, send a THANK YOU email or card to your clients. Distributed 25% off coupons to for the seniors in your community. Drop off your coupons at churches and community centers.
- In December, send a little Christmas gift...a pen, a pencil, a card, candy that is homemade, etc. Two to four pieces of homemade candy is plenty to send a message that you appreciate your clients.
- When January, 2017 arrives, run an ad for newly engaged couples to have 25% off of one notarized item per month until the big day.
Until next time, ladies and gentlemen, happy marketing!