You can find links to all of the views here.
The American Society of Notaries says exactly what I fear...that if we don't get in the game, the game will find a away around us.
Links to all of the following documents, comments, and views are here.
- American Land Title Association Draft Principles for State Remote Notarization Legislation (December 2016)
- National Notary Association (NNA) Article on Webcam Notarizations (June 2016)
- National Electronic Notarization Standards (reauthorized by resolution in 2016)
- Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA)
- Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (E-SIGN)
- E-Notarization Map and Status in the U.S. (compiled by PA Association of Notaries)
- Virginia Handbook for Notaries (includes remote notarization process)
- Montana Remote Notarization Requirements
- ABA Resolution on Modernization of Signature Verification (supports modernization and simplification of international cross-border notarization of documents for use in the United States).
- Property Records Industry Association White Paper on E-Notarization (mentions remote notarization - no official position)
- American Banker Association Newsletter on Remote Notarization (June 2016)
- Florida SB 526 (2015 FL law authorizing law enforcement to administer oaths remotely)
- Statement/Position Letters Submitted to NASS on Remote Notarization:
- Letter from Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae
- Letter from the Mortgage Bankers Association
- Letter from HID Global
- Letter from Quicken Loans
- Letter from American Society of Notaries
- Letter from the Electronic Signature & Records Association (ESRA)
- - ESRA Statement of Policy on eMortgage
- - ESRA Statement of Policy on eNotarization
- Summary Chart of Statements/Positions Submitted to NASS
Remote Notary Watch 2016